Thursday, December 1, 2011

My Favorite Writing Books




It is very difficult to write without a prompt. I thought I could write about all the things and the people I am thankful for in my present life, but that would probably result in a long, boring list or a portrait of an unbelievably lucky woman. And how useful would that be to anyone who would glance at it? Blah blah blah.   No, today what I'd like to do is share with you the titles of a few excellent books that were recommended to me by my writing teachers, which I found to be very helpful.

A Writer’s Time by Kenneth Atchity
Tell It Slant: Writing and Shaping Creative NF by Brenda Miller and Suzanna Paola
The Situation and the Story by Vivian Gornick
Word Painting by Rebecca McClanahan
From Where You Dream by Robert Olen
Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott
Reading Like a Writer by Francine Prose
Your Book Starts Here by Mary Carroll Moore

Happy Reading!

Graziella Buonanno

No comments:

Post a Comment